is my new home, please click on link.
If you like current events, politics, golf, México, football, history, despise Hillary Clinton, believe in a redneck jihad against radical Islamists, enjoy great food and some good Tequila (the drink and the town), hanker down neighbor...crack one open...'cause you've come to the right place.
* 1776, the first national memorial is ordered by Congress. It was built in in honor of Brigadier General Richard Montgomery, who had been killed during an assault on Quebec on December 31, 1775
* 1848, James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in northern California, a discovery that led to the gold rush of '49
It is strange that the qualities we are looking for in a sitting President - thoughtful, calm, and serious - are exactly the qualities which we penalize in those running for President, sorry to see Fred Thompson withdraw.
1368, in a coronation ceremony, Zhu Yuanzhang ascends to the throne of China as the Hongwu Emperor, initiating Ming Dynasty rule over China that would last for three centuries
DAMN, sort of not surprised after last week.
* 1905, Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution
* 1789, the first American novel, The Power of Sympathy or the Triumph of Nature Founded in Truth, is printed in Boston
Dude has STONES OF DIAMONDS........ or whatever the hardest substance is
Sen. Clinton will reportedly hold a news conference next week to decry the lack of African-American characters in fairy tales, and note that her husband was “doing what he could to advance Civil Rights in this arena.”
LIMBAUGH ENDORSES FRED THOMPSON:
1778, English navigator Capt. James Cook discovered the Hawaiian Islands, which he dubbed the "Sandwich Islands"
There is no racial difference between India and Pakistan, but one has democracy and the other has Islam - and oh what a difference that makes!
.......that evil pair for the most part, leads to altruistic motives.
"I am impressed that the strong majority of the world's richest individuals (about 30 out of the 39 richest Americans) made their money rather than inherited it. The wealthiest individuals are mainly self-made because inherited wealth gets dissipated over a couple of generations through bad investments, or is given to various charities, or gets broken up and divided among many
grandchildren, cousins, and divorced members. For this reason, no descendants of John Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, or other titans of the beginning of the century are among the very wealthiest."
Read the rest by Gary Becker, Nobel Laureate in economics on The Proliferation of Billionaires
.....so instead of re-skinnin' a post, here's John Hawkins take on rooting for Hillary......
* 1595, Henry IV of France declares war on Spain